It’s hard to stand out in the crowd of businesses using social media to attract clients to their brick and mortar locations or online websites. So here are some tips from a talk by Inc Magazine columnist Maisha Walker. Her advice is in bold.
- Don’t try to do it all. Instead coordinate social media that works together. For example, demonstrate your work on Pinterest and the lesser known Snapguides.
- Don’t give to an intern. Miaisha’s right on. You’re summarizing important corporate positions on social media.
- Commit to a social media plan for six to twelve months.
- Consider email. It’s not as flashy as some of the newer platforms, but it’s a great way to stay in touch, especially if you have a good data base.
- You don’t invite people to your house before you clean it up. If your website doesn’t look great, fix it before directing people to it. Viewers want: clear, informative content; easy, intuitive navigation; obvious contact information; pleasing aesthetics.
If your website needs any or all of the above, get in touch with us quickly at email@example.com or 609-924-1083.